The place which today occupies the Eurostars Hotel La Reconquista was a hospice and children's home for over two centuries. The original building dates back to 1752 and was built by order of Isidoro Gil de Jaz, Regent of the Audiencia of the Principality of Asturias, and protected by architect Pedro Antonio Menéndez de Ambás.
The complex features a chapel designed by Madrid architect Ventura Rodríguez. The work was completed in 1770, giving rise to a temple which is circular from the inside and octagonal from the outside, all built within the Doric order and topped with a 28-metre dome.
The building was restored in 1942 and in 1970, architects Sainz Vicuña and Fernández Cuevas took on the responsibility of building a luxury hotel which was inaugurated in 1974. The establishment is managed by the Hotusa Group and has belonged to the Eurostars Hotels chain since August 2014.